Because so many of you asked…
1. No, I never vacuum sealed the jars. The salads were very fresh for about 4 days.
2. Use a ‘hearty’ lettuce. Something with a good shelf-life, like romaine.
3. The lettuce is the last thing to go into the jar, it should be at the top.
4. I used a good 3 tablespoons of dressing for each jar.
5. The possibilities are limitless. Use our imagination. I am going to make Mexican ones this week: including pico, sliced roasted chicken and jalpeno ranch dressing. Pretty delicious.